I very sorry to report that the Guides have come back to me and explained that as they have still not received any guidance on how to reopen their properties, it is looking unlikely that we will be able to return to the dojo on Monday 3rd August. Whilst I fully understand this, I have responded by pointing out that the guides and brownies do not use the hall during the summer holidays (but we do) and that this could be the reason for the lack of guidance. I have outlined the measures I would put into place to ensure the safety of my students, instructors, parents and other hall users. These include;
- Restricting class sizes
- Students will have to pre book a place in a class
- Using floor markings to ensure social distancing
- Restricting partner practice
- Shortening class time to minimise numbers in the hall
- Enforcing hand washing/alcohol gel sanitising
- Ensuring adequate ventilation of the hall
- Restricting spectators
- Signage to inform people of what is required
- Asking people not to attend if they or a family member are unwell
- Cleaning of all contact surfaces, before, between and after classes
- Using my register to enable track and trace should a positive case arise
- Ensuring that all contact details are up to date
- Having a comprehensive risk assessment produced under guidance from a national martial arts organisation
- A weekly checklist to ensure that all tasks are performed
I have also pointed out that any procedures that I put in place could also be used by the guides and other hall users when they return. This has all been passed to the District Commissioner and I am awaiting a reply.
I am hoping that this will be acceptable but ask that you all bear with Sensei Megan and I whilst we try to sort something out. If nothing is in place by the 3rd we will commence outdoor training at Alexandra park at the following times on a Monday and Wednesday
Juniors 6:00pm – 6:45pm
Cadets 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Adults will continue from 6:30pm – 7:30pm on a Thursday. (Tuesdays may also be possible depending on the day job)
All classes will be in gis but I would recommend rolling up trouser legs if they are a little long!
I will keep the Zoom class links live should the weather turn against us.
1:1 lessons will also be available during August.
We will return to Parkstone United Reformed Church on Monday 7th September
Once again I am sorry about this but would like to assure you all that Sensei Megan and I are working hard to get us back to the dojo.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. In the meantime thank you all very much for your continuing support of the school and we hope to see you very soon.